Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wednesday, January 11

Last night we stayed with our home-mother. It was really interesting. The lady that took care of us was wonderful and a teacher so she spoke English. That was great. She cooked us a huge meal and I was stuffed after that. She made the best traditional meal that we've had so far but I hope I don't have to eat nsima again. It just sits on my stomach weird. It tastes fine. Just sits in my stomach like a brick. We (me, Amanda, Ryn, Meredith) talked for a long time with the woman there. It seemed like the women eat together and then the men eat together. I thought that was weird. We did talk to her husband for a few minutes and he was really nice too. We had electricity in our house which was unexpected. We were watching tv while we talked! Haha. That night it was all four of us on a bed about the size of a full bed. It was interesting but the benedryll helped a lot.



After a really good breakfast we met back at the CBO and closed up our talk about the maize mill and headed back with all of the children yelling goodbye to us and trying to shake our hands. They LOVED getting their pictures taken. Especially if you showed them the picture afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment